THE BEGINNERS GUIDE TO ONLINE MARKETING
Online marketing refers to advertising marketing efforts that use the web and email to drive sales via electronic commerce, in addition to sales leads from websites or emails.
Online marketing is also a set of powerful tool and methodologies used for promoting products and services through the internet. Online marketing is also known as web marketing, digital marketing and search engine marketing (SEM).
Online marketing is divided into three fundamental aspects which are; online presence, traffic attraction, and traffic conversion.
Online presence is established through social media and a website which will provide a professional profile and at the same time give your potential customer confidence in your services.
Traffic attraction is done through mediums of publicity like Google or through local SEO strategies, and through these strategies you achieve conversion.
Online marketing carefully combines the Internets creative and technical tools including design, development, sales and advertising, while focusing on the following primary business models:
- Lead-based websites.
- Affiliate marketing
- Local search
- Beginners guide to online marketing
Online marketing can deliver the following benefits such as:
- Reduced expenses
- Better control
- Competitive advantage
- Growth in potential
- Elegant communications
- Improved customer service
TYPES OF ONLINE MARKETING
EMAIL MARKETING: email is a popular form of online marketing because when your email campaigns are set up properly, you can tie exact dollar amounts to individual customers.
VIDEO MARKETING: video marketing fuses together so many different elements. Copy writing, SEO, and of course video production.
CONTENT MARKETING: content marketing is the practice of creating media that brings the person interacting with it towards making content sales a reality.
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION MARKETING: this is the process of improving rankings of a website or webpage in the unpaid “organic” search results.
There are a number of tools you can use if you want to follow the seo.
- SEoMOz Pro Tools
- The Beginners Guide to SEO.
PAY PER CLICK MARKETING: this is often seen as one of the fastest online marketing to drive targeted traffic to your web properties. Per click ads are no longer just displayed on the sidebar on search engines, but can be displayed on niche websites or act as “sponsored stories on social networks”.
They can be displayed as product listings or as a video advertisement. They are targeted, either by search team, profile interest, or by the website on which the pay per click ad is displayed.
BACK LINKS MARKETING: back links are probably the oldest and cheapest form of online marketing. They get word out about websites indexed with the search engines.
Basically, they serve two purposes; to get traffic to your website and make your site more important in the eyes of the search engines.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING: social media marketers job is to identify the smaller networks and appeal to the collective mindset of the group while identify the influencers.
INTERACTIVE ADVERTISING MARKETING: interactive advertising isn’t just limited to pictures and video thought every day, rather there are branded, interactive ad advertisements that gives users something to play with.
CONTEXTUAL MARKETING: this is about finding opportunities throughout the web and creating funnels that lead back to their site. This type of online marketing takes place outside social networks.
ADVANTAGES OF ONLINE MARKETING
- EMAIL: with the use of your email address, you can update the subscribers that you have immediately via emails.
- IT INCREASES COMPETITION: online marketing can compete with big businesses and even with popular brands.
- IT IMPROVES SOCIALIZATION: with online marketing you can have the advantage of socializing with groups or individuals.
- IT INTRODUCES NEW OPPORTUNITIES: this opens up a lot of new opportunities and prepares you to compete on a global scale.
- IT IS RICH IN TECHNOLOGY: with top-notch technologies online, you don’t have to worry about your emails being delivered to your target audience on a daily basis.
DISADVANTAGES OF ONLINE MARKETING
- IT IS COMPLEX IN NATURE: online marketing can be quiet complex and that is why it demands time and dedication. This disadvantage could be eliminated with professional assistance like the Elite online media.
- IT INCREASES COMPETITION: there is a great deal of competition within the business environment. Therefore, you need to make sure that all your internet marketing such as websites, adverts etc. are all highly rank in searches.